 Technic / 11553
Re: new design for microwalkers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, James Loewen wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Chris Masclet wrote:
Hi, I 've built few creatures based on James Loewen' s Mighty Mite2

This is the gallery:

Chris.
And once again my Legotic Lab.
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

Hey chris,

That's cool, I especially like the chameleon. It looks like you've
created a new species with that one, the bipedal chameleon :) I tried
a mini t-rex walker based on MM2 a while ago, but it was a little
bulky because I included the battery pack. The basic design needs the
weight of a battery pack to walk correctly, but I guess if you put
decorative elements that weigh something on top, It could probably
work fine without one. I'll try a design like that and see what I come
up with.

-jrl

Hi James

Mighty Mite2 walks very well but it' s right it needs weight, decorative
elements are perfect for that. I' ve also tried it with an RCX on top and it
walks well too. I am now looking how to add 2 others micromotors allowing it to
turn...perfect with RCX to make small walking and turning bot !!

;)

Chris.