 Storage / 1635
1634  |  1636
Subject:
Use protection? (UV that is)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:22:25 GMT

So in my lego room I have a big window (hey I'm not a vampire!). I wanted to see
what people know about (and use) UV protection that can be applied to a window
-- in a film like way. Something like tinting windows of a car but for the
house. Anyone do this and have first hand positive results (from a science POV
it is hard for general AFOLs to provide a positive here, but you get what I
mean).

I don't want to cover the whole window with cardboard or sheet rock :)

thanks
-mark

  Re: Use protection? (UV that is)

(...) I have a nice big west-facing window in my building room. I hung two ordinary windowshades back-to-back; they keep virtually all daylight out. I have kept my tall white tampon building by the window for over four years now, and it is still (...) (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Use protection? (UV that is)

(...) Mark, If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, ask one of the people there about window film. You'll find it in the window treatment section where blinds and the like are. You'll find varying shades of tint and UV protection. All you need is the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)