 Storage / 1501
Re: Plano 3700 & Sterilite 66 qt - other recommended combinations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:27:46 GMT

Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.storage, Thomas Main wrote:

What I would like to find is a slipcase of some
sort for the 3700 boxes

   Actually, Plano makes something like that - at Menards here in the
midwest, you can sometimes find large red plastic boxes that hold
three of the 3700's & two of the smaller 3450's (which incidently
also come in two slightly different forms: one with 6 long bins and
one with 4 long bins and 4 half-length bins. This second is *ideal*
for technic axles, BTW). The only down side is the red boxes don't
   stack sturdy. I stopped using these as pull-outs when I found
stacking them in one big bin easier - I get all the 3700's out anyway
when building. The other option of course is to build your own if you
have the space.

I have a Plano fishing tackle box that holds three 3700s in a slideout
fashion. Not real effective for mass storage though.

I also have some plastic shelving that is tall enough for the 3700s to stand
vertically like books which is how most of mine are stored, as can be seen
in this picture:

What I have considered for horizontal storage is building large plywood
boxes and then use aluminum angle stock to make guides for the 3700s to rest
on.

Frank