 Storage / *1666 (-5)
Re: New LEGO room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.storage, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Ben

P.s.: my Lego room: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451543&n=47

(2 years old and too long) video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2Avnu0vwY

Hi Ben, Thanks for posting your Lego Room pics here, I saw the images of your under table storage carts, and i love the idea of them.

I am also using Ikea’s Ivar Shelving for my Lego room, but I saw this image, and I have never seen a Double wide shelf that looks like your building surface.. is it a custome built shelf? http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4796384

Here are some images of my Lego room (also 1-2 years old..) http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffvw/sets/72157628443043909/

My bess guestimate, Jeff vW has at least twice the collection I have. That’s my best guess just by looking at the pics.

Dave K

Unfortunatly, most of my basic brick bins are empty (at least the 2 x 4 bins as the bricks are all being used as filler under our many displays..

Jeff VW

Re: New LEGO room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:45:29 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:57:56 GMT

Ben

P.s.: my Lego room: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451543&n=47

(2 years old and too long) video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2Avnu0vwY

Hi Ben, Thanks for posting your Lego Room pics here, I saw the images of your under table storage carts, and i love the idea of them.

I am also using Ikea’s Ivar Shelving for my Lego room, but I saw this image, and I have never seen a Double wide shelf that looks like your building surface.. is it a custome built shelf? http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4796384

Here are some images of my Lego room (also 1-2 years old..) http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffvw/sets/72157628443043909/

Re: New LEGO room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:48:42 GMT

   In lugnet.storage, Jeffrey Findley wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, David Koudys wrote:
   I do appreciate flourescent tubes, but I might have to get a more ‘natural’ lighting method because the greys/bleys blend together in flourescent lighting (at least for me anyway)

   I have as yet to try Retr0brite but it’s been a plan for a while. Sooner or later I’ll do it and let you know if it reverses the UV damage.

Hi Dave,

thanks for posting your LEGO-room here at Lugnet! I like that as a very compact storage and building room. What happens with models? All in diplay around your house? Another storage area for sets and MOCs?

If my MOCs aren’t on top of the shelving, then they’re in boxes for the next show. No display room, and I realized a long time ago that they just get dusty and broken on display (especially now with a 3 yr old around)

****

On topic of de-coloring: UV-damages are done and can not be reversed, I guess. But some of the tanning is in fact not a UV-cause. And I never heard that “fluorescent tubes” cause stronger damage than other lights. Halogen lamps send out harsh UV. That might be an issue.

On the other hand there is a common trick to whiten tanned (white) bricks: put them (especially behind window panes) into the sunlight for a while. They actually become pretty white again. If you disbelieve: try with a cheap collection of old 1x2 bricks.... It actually works! Much better, safer and milder than hydrogen peroxide containing detergents.

It’s not really a concern at this point--I have enuf, and sometimes I like the off colour (i.e. Mike Shiel’s hockey arena), but I did want to try it. I’ll try your idea above first, though.

BTW: some chemical experts at 1000steine have claimed, that some volatile contents of wood and brown cardboard lead to decolouring. So storing your bricks in transparent plastic boxes (but in quite dark areas) is the best way to go. So you did well on that.

Best Regards,

Ben

P.s.: my Lego room: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451543&n=47

(2 years old and too long) video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2Avnu0vwY

Love the vid, and not just because you have Scott Joplin playing in the background ;)

Thanks Ben!

Have a good one

Dave K

Re: New LEGO room

[...]