 Star Wars / 9941
Re: Storm Trooper and TIE pilot heads!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 00:57:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Kyle Henneberque writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
(I can't believe no one has posted this yet!)

The ST has a *blank* yellow head.

The TIE pilot has a *blank* BROWN head!!!

It makes sense, I guess.  You don't see the faces so why waste the money on
the printing.  Or, maybe you are just looking at the back of the head and
forgot to turn it around (don't laugh, I did that once late at night).  But
about the TIE Pilot, is there a slot so that you see the brown head, like a
it's a visor or something?

(yellow head) Nope, it's definately blank.  I think it would have been cool if
this was a classic smiley, actually.  "The happy soldiers of the faceless
empire." :)

(brown head) The helmet on the TIE pilot is solid - no eyeslots or the like.  I
really can't think of any reason they would have done this head brown except
that you can see the neck a bit.

Regardless, multiple brown minifig heads are going to do good things for my
options in architecture. :)

James