 Star Wars / 5760
    Watch those package seals! —Tom McDonald
   It's been said many times, many ways, but here's another echo.. I bought a Slave I yesterday, only to discover once I reached home and opened it, that the smoky long canopy, Boba Fett, and the carbonitized Han Solo were missing from the set. The (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

        Re: Watch those package seals! —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Is this endemic across the board, or is the Slave I set specifically being targetted nationwide? Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

         Re: Watch those package seals! —Eric Brouwer
      I would say the problem is across the board, but the Slave 1 will be the prime target. Boba Fett almost symbolizes Star Wars fanaticism (sp), myself included in that group. Fortunatley for me, I love Lego just as much so all the extra bricks that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

          Re: Watch those package seals! —Tim Rueger
      (...) Is Shop-at-Home shipping Slave I's? I personally would be willing to pay a slightly higher than retail price to be sure of getting a complete set. -Tim (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

          Re: Watch those package seals! —Tony Kilaras
      You can get ANY lego set sold in stores through S@H. Tim Rueger wrote in message ... (...) prime (...) all (...) appeared (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

          Re: Watch those package seals! —Alan Gerber
      (...) Except the ones with Plastic Thingies(tm). Alan (24 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

         Re: Watch those package seals! —Jeremy Crawford
     (...) Here in Morgantown, West Virginia I don't see a problem with tampering with Legos. I guess the demand is lower here. The local Walmart usually has the shelves stocked with all the new sets and I have seen no evidence of tampering with any of (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

        Re: Watch those package seals! —Gene C. Weissinger
     I had to call customer service to replace the Boba-Fett backpack/helmet piece for the same reason... Wal-Mart wouldn't take it back because I had opened everything and they didn't want to count for other missing pieces... Also, I have non-LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

         Re: Watch those package seals! —Tamyra Teed
     Wal-mart is getting pretty bad lately :( I went in last night and found no less than FIFTEEN boxes on the shelfs that had been opened and emptied of their contents. There were lego booklets everywhere, opened boxes everywhere most of them smaller (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

         Re: Watch those package seals! —Scott Edward Sanburn
     (...) Very sad. Maybe we AFOL's could chime in and offer to buy up the sets that are ripped up. Might be a good way to get some decent parts, if the price is right. Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

        Re: Watch those package seals! —Steve Bliss
     (...) Well, at least they took a crappy piece along with the two good pieces. Steve (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

        Re: Watch those package seals! —Christian Gemuenden
   Haha, good to know that the European sets are coming with the new "hard cardboard" boxes. the Slave 1 is not closed with a seal, you'll have to push a flap first and the entire box has a strong structure. TLG, introduce this method in the US too, at (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)