 Star Wars / 17271
Re: Thats no moon!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:57:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dann Madsen wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Simon Maxwell wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, David VinZant wrote:
I would have figured someone would have posted about this.

For scale

Enjoy

Dave

It's a shame that LEGO goofed and made the Death Star and mini Executor at two
different scales. The second Death Star is not 160 km in diameter, as the
model's label states. It is in fact about 900 km in diameter.

Simon, why do you think that Death Star II is 900 km in diameter?
Please check out:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/deathstarii/index.html
It clearly states that it is in fact 160 km in diameter.
The first Death Star was 120 km.:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/deathstar/

...or am I wrong?

If I am right the scale is not all bad. If it should have been better the
Executor should have been one stud shorter. And then it would be difficult to
build as a recognizable model. (On the other hand the Death could have been 12
knobs wider.)

The Dann

According to the Dorling Kindersley books 'Star Wars Incredible Cross-sections'
and 'Inside the Worlds of Star Wars', the first and second Death Stars are 160
km and 900 km in diameter respectively. See also the Star Wars Technical
Commentaries by Curtis Saxton, who helped to write the 'Inside the Worlds of...'
book:

http://theforce.net/swtc/ds/#dimensions