 Star Wars / 17269
17268  |  17270
Subject:
ISD Build competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:44:12 GMT

First, let me fall on my sword about this, I am very very late in posting this
info and I sincerely apologise.

As I said in this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/year/2005/?n=47 and down thread...

LEGO is going to do an ISD build contest at Celebration III and is soliciting
teams of the media to compete. I asked if they were going to exclude AFOLs
because we would so obviously dominate the media since we have smoked the record
down a lot several times, and the answer was 'bring it', so a "LUGNET" (that's
the badge I was there under) team could be entered if so desired.

So, how about it? Is there interest in fielding a team? Or even 2? The spiffs
are great...

I don't have time to organise this. if you think you can take the lead, post
here. If you think you can participate but don't want to be a leader, mail all
of the people that posts here saying they can lead a team, hopefully we can self
organize a team or two. You need to be planning to go to Star Wars Celebration
III, there is no funding to get you there.

Here is a FAQ from Melinda. I'll give team leaders Melinda's contact info.

She needs to order shirts and stuff ASAP. What a  slacker I am! Sorry! But I
know we can blow anyone else away...

XFUT build.contests

- start -

Calling all teams!

You may already have heard the news but if you haven’t – get ready. There’s a
serious competition brewing between SithTM and JediTM and it’s happening in the
LEGO® booth at Star WarsTM Celebration III. It’s the first-ever tournament style
LEGO Star DestroyerTM building contest… and we think it’s going to be awesome.

Do you have questions? If so – see if your answers are below:

Q:      How much does it cost for my magazine/website to host a team?