 Star Wars / 17267
  FBTB Forums code of conduct changes

I was just over on FBTB and thay annouced a change to their forum code of conduct. The whole document is good except for the last rule: "10. Applicants with free email addresses (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc) will not be approved. We apologize for the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB Forums code of conduct changes

(...) Wow! That is especially hatefull. I guess they only want a verifyable e-mail address. The problem with hotmail and yahoo and such are that they can be prolific and not policed very well. I personally don't know what's going on with FBTB, but (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB Forums code of conduct changes

They probably don't want a repeat of the hack-attack that occured over the holidays. They suffered for a long time before getting the regular site back up. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB Forums code of conduct changes

(...) Actually the policy of [NOT] having Yahoo!, Hotmail, gmail, etc. as emails went into effect a long, long time ago prior to their last hack attack that killed the fourms. I did not follow the entire discussion but part of the problem was (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.starwars)