 Star Wars / 13680
Re: What's left?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:59:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Runkle writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Scott DeWolf writes:

But is there really much left?

I would contend there is ALOT left that can be done.

From the classic three movies:
Figs - Jawas, SnowTroopers, TaunTaun, endor Leia, Jabba the Hut, Cantina
figs, and alot more
Ships - Star Destroyer (I think lego has done the best in this category)
Vehicles - Jawa Crawler, AT-AT snow walkers (minifig version, not technic)

For the classic films, the most glaring character omissions are:

Lando - how can we have Lobot, but not Lando??
Yoda - he's in EpII, but too important to be left out of the classic line.
Jabba
Jawas
Leia - not omitted, but underrepresented for such an important character.

As for vehicles:

ISD - The UCS RBR paved the way for microfig scale sculptures.  I want this.
AT-AT - I'm sure we will see this in system scale, with snowtroopers.
Tie/I - Just as prominent as the Cloud Car.
Death Star(s) - They're important in the films, but unlikely Lego sets.

In my opinion, the Star Destroyer and AT-AT are just too important to omit.
With sets like the MTT and UCS RBR as precedents, I think these have to be
produced.

Jeff J