 Star Wars / 12414
Re: How to improve the SW Classic Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:40:20 GMT

Some cool ideas. I have always thought that a minifig scale AT AT was
screaming out to be made.

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Scott writes:

Jabba’s Sail Barge: Using the same architecture and scale used in Desert
Skiff, this set should include a Jabba, built similar to the baby dinosaurs
with a custom head, an erotic Leia and a pig man. US $30

Seriously, I wonder if lego would put out a "erotic Leia". They could use
the islander babe torso with a pair of yellow legs witha brown waist/groin
part. If they did, it would be an interesting move, considering some of the
things they have shied away from (non yellow-skinned minifigs, "violence")

Jabba’s Palace: A smaller set with multiple sections, including the door to
the palace, Jabba’s throne with the carbonite Han hanging on the wall and a
huge cage for the monster.  Includes Jabba, Bib Fortuna, and two Pigmen.  If
Lego would ever make a black man, Lando could also be added.  US $15 – 20

I'd actually like to see this as quite a big set, perhaps the size of the HP
castle. This is the kind of set that might benefit from the kind of "open,
no walls" scene style of the HP sets. They could make it on two levels. The
top floor could have the actiual courtroom, and the bottom floor could have
the enterance, the rancor's pit (with a rancor), and a prison cell or something.

Tie Bomber: A system scale Tie Bomber with tie pilot. US $20

Considering the bigger size of this, I think it woudl have to be more like
$35, if you consider the original TIE went for $20. Even the TIE interceptor
would be perhaps $25 or so.

Another cool set might be the Imperial bunker on Endor.

In addition to that, it would be cool to see Luke's uncle and aunts' house.
I actually wonder if that is a set that was meant to be released but pulled
back at the last moment, because I thought I saw a pic of it in some old
catalogue in the background or something. Does anyone know anything about this?

Magnus