 Space / 9915

Subject:
A new ship (Ves-X)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:56:31 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hiyas,

This is a ship I have had in my head in some form or another for along time,
and I was able to build it this weekend finally after getting a couple parts
necessary to do it the way I wanted to.  I also have some sketches numbered
sequentially to show how the design changed over time, and how I tried
different styles to represent the tech.
I am really happy with this one, I actually like it far more than the
BenGrace.  First, it didn't take weeks of building, and second I was able to
get all funky with some SNOT design and tile the tops so the only studs
showing are the ones that I wanted or couldn't cover due to hinges in the way.
This ship will eventually appear much like you see it here in my graphic
novel, as I actually built this as a reference model of sorts.
I'd love any input good or bad, or any questions, of course.

Cheers!
Joel Kuester
http://minispy.tripod.com

Re: A new ship (Ves-X)
This is a ship I have had in my head in some form or another for along time,
and I was able to build it this weekend finally after getting a couple parts
necessary to do it the way I wanted to.  I also have some sketches numbered
sequentially to show how the design changed over time, and how I tried
different styles to represent the tech.
I am really happy with this one, I actually like it far more than the
BenGrace.  First, it didn't take weeks of building, and second I was able to
get all funky with some SNOT design and tile the tops so the only studs
showing are the ones that I wanted or couldn't cover due to hinges in the way.
This ship will eventually appear much like you see it here in my graphic
novel, as I actually built this as a reference model of sorts.
I'd love any input good or bad, or any questions, of course.

I like it. IMO, it almost has an underwater feel to it.

And yes.. it's amazing how much faster the construction goes the clearer the
design is in your head.

-Tom McD.

Re: A new ship (Ves-X)