 Space / 9861
  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) I think most of this sounds reasonable, but I'd guess that laser still follows the inverse square "law". ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) I thought that the whole point of a laser is that it doesn't - it's a directed beam of parallel waves of light. The inverse square law is for a diverging beam. As distance from the source increases, the area the beam is spread over increases (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)