 Space / 9713
Re: Couldn't resist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 19:49:07 GMT

Am I evil or annoying, Shiri?  I am simply wanting to know and I want to
know if you have built any LEGO sets of your own in your spare time.  (We
are evil!  In-deed!  Kaientai, WWF)
Jesse Long

Jesse,

What does this have to do with the current thread? I also hope that you are
joking (in which case you should be posting to .fun). Shiri is a good
builder and a large contributor to the community. I'm a little confused as
to where this post is taking this thread. Please enlighten me.

-Duane
I am simply wondering why Shiri hates me.  I was joking in part of the
letter, which also means I also probably watch too much wrestling.  I also
have never seen any of the work that Shiri has made and simply wanted to
know if Shiri (not sure whether Shiri is a man or woman) would show me some
of their work, their LEGO sets.

Shiri is a woman who hangs out in the Castle sub-theme more than Space. You
can check over there to see what she's made. I haven't made a castle in
years....

I guess I should have responded to the other messages but I am somewhat
pressed for time because of the holidays, that and yesterday there was some
severe weather which prevented me from going to the library so I have to see
all of the past messages from Lugnet.  The sky was so dark at noon that it
resembled the sky at five or six in the evening.  The rain fell from the sky
in such a great amount that you thought that the ground was Louisiana.
There was plenty of flash floods yesterday because some places received as
much as three inches of rain an hour and the winds were at least fifty miles
an hour so needless to say, the weather yesterday was quite terrible.

Sounds like severe weather indeed. However, you need to pay closer attention
to the thread when you are responding. Post a follow-up to the message that
the follow-up pertains to. Things like this tend to sidetrack a
conversation. I know that Lugnetters have been referred to as
"compartmentalized dorks", but it makes things easier.

As for the other people, all I see is mathematical formulas that I do not
comprehend in my mind at all and I appreciate the help but if I do not know
what any of these formulas mean, then I do not know what you are talking
about to me.  I am sorry but I am not very good in mathematics.  :.(  I hope
this response will help you to understand the letter that I wrote to you, >Duane.

I understand, however this part of the thread is discussing the approximate
time it would take the moon to collide with the Earth if it's motion stopped.

Jesse Long

Do you read Lugnet via e-mail, newsreader or web?

-Duane