 Space / 9706
Re: Couldn't resist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:15:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Howse writes:

You'd notice this after about half a day, when the moon would be around
twice as big. After a day, it'd appear four times as big.
At 3hrs before impact, people below would be weightless (i.e between two
bodies exerting equal gravitational forces).

As regard the math, I wouldn't know where to start, but surely even if the
moon we're sitting on the earths surface the earth would still exert more
force than the moon so you wouldn't be weightless.

I don't know if you mean't, at the point where the moon was three hours away
you'd be able to jump into the air, break free from earth and land on the moon.

Steve