 Space / 9604
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ross Crawford writes:

Didn't actually ask the Pieniazeks how they pronounce it, but I say it like
Peen-yart-sik, accent on the 2nd syllable. Or maybe even Pin-yart-sik. Lar?

Close. No R.

pin-yacht-sick (yachts are big boats so that's the syllable that gets the
accent)

My Polish relatives say it "more correctly" as pin-o-scheck.