 Space / 9483
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:07:34 GMT

In article <GFD24A.Mz@lugnet.com>, Kyle D. Jackson
<flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote:

In retrospect though, JAL seemed to
imply that these things were going to be installed on the Shuttle
or something in 2003 and I said "no way".  When I think space
propulsion for the most part I only look at lift systems.  Shoot,
I just can't get out of atmospheric propulsion no matter how hard
I try  ;]  From the links posted here on ion drives it seems they're
not applicable to atmospheric ops.

Why do you say with your words that ion engines will not be used on the
Space Shuttle in 2003, Kyle. What you fail to realize is that ion
drives were invented in society long ago. Do not argue with me on this,
Kyle, because just last week I saw this great documentary film on my
JVC television set that showed me with my own eyes that there are
already space defense fighters with twin ion engines and wings and they
fly through space and make a great roaring sound when they fly by and
shoot and it would make a great video game for my Sony Playstation 2
but not for Super Nintendo GameBoy because the screen is too small and
they would have to change it so it wouldnt be as good in my mind, Kyle.

;-)

jk