 Space / 9466
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:51:27 GMT

Like Jon Palmer already kindly asked, could you please separate your LONG
paragraphs.

You do this by pressing a button on your keyboard called _ENTER_ or _RETURN_.

Hope you understand and use this advice.

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.space, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
I am sorry that I confused you on the motion picture Star Wars but if you
wish to know more about Star Wars, there is a seperate discussion board on
Lugnet for Star Wars Lego sets and if that does not satisfy your interests,
then go to http://www.starwars.com .  The following sentence that you
snipped was a comparison between two monsters in two different movies of
this trilogy.  The Star Wars Trilogy consists of the motion pictures Star
Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.  These motion
pictures are commonly referred to as Episode IV, Episode V, and Episode VI.

I believe there is also an Episode I: The Phantom Menace (recently
released), and there may also be sequels to Episode I, called Episode II and
Episode III, forming a prequel trilogy. Who knows what types of Freudian
Symbol Monsters might appear in those movies?

I apologize for also confusing you about my weaponry on my space craft.  I
will rephrase my information about my space craft.
The Gaea Federation Galaxy Destroyer is seventy three Lego studs long or, in
the case of human measurements, about twenty one and three quarter inches in
length.  The size of this vessel is almost the same size as the Galactic
Mediator, which is a Space Police II vessel and the largest Space Police II
vessel.

Jesse, do you think that LEGO people are really that small in their own
universe? In other words, when we build a LEGO model is it 1:1 scale or 1:36
scale (or something else)?

I counted the weapons on my vessel again and I discovered that I
had closer to eighty guns on my vessel if I included my support ships and
defense robot.  I said in this response that I do not need to poke the
monster, I need to make some nice space monster burgers and space monster
steaks and with the many weapons I have on my space craft (which could also
destroy some of the big two hundred and three hundred stud long capital
ships), accomplishing such a task would be very easy for my space craft.

Why do you need to make space monster burgers and/or steaks? Do they taste
nice? And is it ethical to cook space monsterss when there are so many
delightful soy products in the universe? I generally think it's a bad idea
to "poke the monster" anyway -- some people grow hair on the palms of their
hands...

Concerning 200-300 stud long capital ships. If they were as heavily armed as
your space craft they might have at least 120, maybe as many as 360, exhaust
weapons which would be a lot more than the 40-80 wepaons on your space ship.
Again this is ethically dubious, in my opinion. I am also interested in the
defense robot you have. Is it armed?

You also said that some of the guns are shot through the exhaust pipe and
the answer is that some of the guns are indeed shot through the exhaust pipe
and they are also shot through the front as well, at least on my wing
guns/auxillary engines and intergalactic ballistic missiles/auxillary
engines.

Is this dangerous at all? What if you want to move and fire your weapons at
the same time?

I only have a collection of about eight to ten thousand Lego
pieces so I can not build an acceptable capital class cruiser at this time,
Greg.  I named this vessel the Gaea Federation Galaxy Destroyer because this
vessel is made for the Gaea Federation, a story I have built for around six
years using my Legos.  The other side of my conflict is known as the Nomadic
Empire, or, more simply, the Nomads.

They are LEGO blocks, not Legos, Jesse, please see my post here:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=29565

I am interested in the names of your factions. Is Gaea a name for the Earth
based faction? Does it relect the Mother Earth? Is it peaceful and nurturing
or patriarchal and menacing? Is it a Federation like the US or a Federation
like the EU? Are Aliens allowed in the Federation? Is it a democracy like
the US or a democracy like Iraq?

Are the Nomads nomads, ie do they travel around with no fixed settlements?
Or does the whole Empire travel around to different planets? Are they good
or evil? Do they have an Emperor? Are they Humans or Aliens? I hope you can
help with my questions, Jesse.

The question of my space craft encouraging violence, terrorism, and threats
is false because it is used to discourage such actions from occuring in the
patrolled region of space and when a space craft such as the Voyager enters
unknown or hostile space, are they invading that part of space or are they
exploring space?  The only way that my space craft could be considered an
invading space craft is that my space craft commits an unprovoked attack on
the native forces of that region of space.

To take a contemporary example: What about the US spy plane that was
disabled in _contested_ airspace near China, and landed in China? Was it on
patrol, or invading? What if the "native forces" consider the mere presence
of your space craft an attack?

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing more about your creations Jesse. Thanks.
--DaveL
I believe that your comment about those monsters in Episode II and Episode
III of the new Star Wars Trilogy.  The monsters near the city of Otoh Gunga
were scary enough for me.  The comment about the stud length is a generally
accepted standard for Lego Space builders with their space craft.  The stud
is a bump on a Lego brick or plate that is measured in the amount of these
studs long and wide on a space craft.  The height of space craft is
generally measured by Lego brick height, that is how many Lego bricks equal
the height of the space craft.  The opinion that I share with you about the
scale of the space craft is that Lego space craft are measured in stud
length and that there does not exist, as far as my limited knowledge of Lego
building is concerned, a general standard for the scale of these space ships
but that the scale is determined by the individual Lego builder of space
craft.  There will probably exist replies to the contrary to this comment
but as I stated earlier, I do not know if there is a standard measurement of
scale for Lego space craft and if I am wrong with my statement, please
inform me with your information to my comment.
The comment about soy that you present to me presents to my mind that you
perceive me as evil for eating meat.  The Orkin man fumigates insects yet
certain bugs are acceptable to eat under Levitical standards.  The problems
with the fumigated bugs, however, would present a problem to my mind.  The
first problem to my mind is that I hate insects and especially eating
insects and the second problem is that the insects are poisoned and would
most likely cause me to die and so I could not build any space craft or any
other Lego creations.  There was a man named Pat Robertson who says on that
700 Club all of the benefits of soy in our bodies and I can not afford to
buy soy and products that are made from soy because they are too expensive
and I think I may be allergic to soy and soy products so I do not buy soy
and soy products because I may have allergies or I may die from the soy.
Space monster burgers and space monster steaks actually taste nice,
depending on what you usually put on those foods.  I prefer to use ketchup,
or to some people, catsup, on my space monster burgers while I prefer some
K.C. Masterpiece, Lea and Perrins, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce, or A-1 Steak Sauce
on my space monster steaks.
The defense robot that you mentioned in response to my post is indeed armed,
and quite heavily as well so if my defense robot was not armed then why
would I refer to my robot as a defense robot?  The robot that I have on my
space craft has 12 guns that mastly point in a upward direction and they
serve as wings for the robot.  The arms have two huge cannons as well as two
huge claws that once held magnets to a long destroyed M-Tron vehicle, a
Celestial Forager if my memory is correct in this letter.  The head of the
robot has a gun and so does the tail of my robot and my robot vaguely
resembles a scorpion in the structure of the body.  The intake valves on my
engines can always fire but my exhaust valves have to stop in order to fire
but since I have plenty of guns to fire on the enemy without the exhaust
valves, it is not a problem with my space craft.  I also not that my space
craft is constructed of both bricks and plates, as is the usual standard of
Lego space craft and so it becomes exhausting to say Lego bricks and plates
in every sentence so I simply say Legos to indicate that I am meaning Lego
bricks and plates but I do appreciate the effort of your response to my • letter.
The construction of the Gaea Federation is similar to a intergalactic
European Union but without the antisemetic overtones that are rampant in
that organization.  The organization was led by what we refer to as the
planet Earth but other members are also a part of this organization.  This
organization is an open organization so the individual members have to
comply with certain standards in order to belong to the Gaea Federation.  I
do not, however, have a certain political structure for my Gaea Federation
but the Nomadic Empire is certainly similar to a hybrid of the Muslim
Federation in the Middle East, Africa, and into Central Asia and the
Galactic Empire.
The last three questions I will answer to you now, Dave.  The first question
is about poking the monster causing hair to grow on the palms of your hands.
I think that question should be answered in another place, like the romance
rooms and the adults only rooms on Yahoo, that is, if you are talking about
some subject that originates from those rooms and thankfully I do stay away
from those rooms.  The second question that I will answer is let the
photgraphs tell the story to you, Dave.  I am not lying about the numerous
guns on my space craft and the photographs will prove the truth about the
space craft, Dave.  The third question that I will answer is I do not know
who is right, the United States of America of Communist China.  I do believe
that it was wrong for China to let that pilot disable that plane but if
China is right, there should have been a different way of telling the
American forces that they were in violation of Chinese air space and the
Americans should have complied with the Chinese government but if the
American government ignored the Chinese government, then it was the fault of
the American government.  I, personally, do not know the truth about that
situation so I have tried to answer as many of your questions as humanly
possible and if there are any question you feel a need to ask, then ask me,
Dave.
Jesse Long