 Space / 9454
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 04:36:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
I am sorry that I confused you on the motion picture Star Wars but if you
wish to know more about Star Wars, there is a seperate discussion board on
Lugnet for Star Wars Lego sets and if that does not satisfy your interests,
then go to http://www.starwars.com .  The following sentence that you
snipped was a comparison between two monsters in two different movies of
this trilogy.  The Star Wars Trilogy consists of the motion pictures Star
Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.  These motion
pictures are commonly referred to as Episode IV, Episode V, and Episode VI.

I believe there is also an Episode I: The Phantom Menace (recently
released), and there may also be sequels to Episode I, called Episode II and
Episode III, forming a prequel trilogy. Who knows what types of Freudian
Symbol Monsters might appear in those movies?

I apologize for also confusing you about my weaponry on my space craft.  I
will rephrase my information about my space craft.
The Gaea Federation Galaxy Destroyer is seventy three Lego studs long or, in
the case of human measurements, about twenty one and three quarter inches in
length.  The size of this vessel is almost the same size as the Galactic
Mediator, which is a Space Police II vessel and the largest Space Police II
vessel.

Jesse, do you think that LEGO people are really that small in their own
universe? In other words, when we build a LEGO model is it 1:1 scale or 1:36
scale (or something else)?

I counted the weapons on my vessel again and I discovered that I
had closer to eighty guns on my vessel if I included my support ships and
defense robot.  I said in this response that I do not need to poke the
monster, I need to make some nice space monster burgers and space monster
steaks and with the many weapons I have on my space craft (which could also
destroy some of the big two hundred and three hundred stud long capital
ships), accomplishing such a task would be very easy for my space craft.

Why do you need to make space monster burgers and/or steaks? Do they taste
nice? And is it ethical to cook space monsterss when there are so many
delightful soy products in the universe? I generally think it's a bad idea
to "poke the monster" anyway -- some people grow hair on the palms of their
hands...

Concerning 200-300 stud long capital ships. If they were as heavily armed as
your space craft they might have at least 120, maybe as many as 360, exhaust
weapons which would be a lot more than the 40-80 wepaons on your space ship.
Again this is ethically dubious, in my opinion. I am also interested in the
defense robot you have. Is it armed?

You also said that some of the guns are shot through the exhaust pipe and
the answer is that some of the guns are indeed shot through the exhaust pipe
and they are also shot through the front as well, at least on my wing
guns/auxillary engines and intergalactic ballistic missiles/auxillary
engines.

Is this dangerous at all? What if you want to move and fire your weapons at
the same time?

I only have a collection of about eight to ten thousand Lego
pieces so I can not build an acceptable capital class cruiser at this time,
Greg.  I named this vessel the Gaea Federation Galaxy Destroyer because this
vessel is made for the Gaea Federation, a story I have built for around six
years using my Legos.  The other side of my conflict is known as the Nomadic
Empire, or, more simply, the Nomads.

They are LEGO blocks, not Legos, Jesse, please see my post here:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=29565

I am interested in the names of your factions. Is Gaea a name for the Earth
based faction? Does it relect the Mother Earth? Is it peaceful and nurturing
or patriarchal and menacing? Is it a Federation like the US or a Federation
like the EU? Are Aliens allowed in the Federation? Is it a democracy like
the US or a democracy like Iraq?

Are the Nomads nomads, ie do they travel around with no fixed settlements?
Or does the whole Empire travel around to different planets? Are they good
or evil? Do they have an Emperor? Are they Humans or Aliens? I hope you can
help with my questions, Jesse.

The question of my space craft encouraging violence, terrorism, and threats
is false because it is used to discourage such actions from occuring in the
patrolled region of space and when a space craft such as the Voyager enters
unknown or hostile space, are they invading that part of space or are they
exploring space?  The only way that my space craft could be considered an
invading space craft is that my space craft commits an unprovoked attack on
the native forces of that region of space.

To take a contemporary example: What about the US spy plane that was
disabled in _contested_ airspace near China, and landed in China? Was it on
patrol, or invading? What if the "native forces" consider the mere presence
of your space craft an attack?

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing more about your creations Jesse. Thanks.
--DaveL