 Space / 9446
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:59:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

I am sorry that I confused you on the motion picture Star Wars but if you
wish to know more about Star Wars, there is a seperate discussion board on
Lugnet for Star Wars Lego sets and if that does not satisfy your interests,
then go to http://www.starwars.com .

I really don't think you confused him.  Maybe I'm giving it away, but it was
all well crafted sarcasm.

The following sentence that you
snipped was a comparison between two monsters in two different movies of
this trilogy.  The Star Wars Trilogy consists of the motion pictures Star
Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.  These motion
pictures are commonly referred to as Episode IV, Episode V, and Episode VI.

AMAZING!  Those movies sound pretty neat.  I wonder why I haven't seen those
before, being a space nut and all.  Are they in theatres or do I have to
rent them?  I sure hope they're in theatres, but knowing my luck, they were
made in the late 70s or something, meaning I wasn't born yet.

I apologize for also confusing you about my weaponry on my space craft.  I
will rephrase my information about my space craft.
The Gaea Federation Galaxy Destroyer is seventy three Lego studs long or, in
the case of human measurements, about twenty one and three quarter inches in
length.  The size of this vessel is almost the same size as the Galactic
Mediator, which is a Space Police II vessel and the largest Space Police II
vessel.  I counted the weapons on my vessel again and I discovered that I
had closer to eighty guns on my vessel if I included my support ships and
defense robot.

Geez!  80 weapons?  Is there even room for a spacehip with that many guns?
Maybe I should just stop building ships.  I'm used to engineering sopme
pretty cool realistic military vessels, with detailed interiors and all.
But, I'm no match for a little (yes, little) ship with 80 frikkin weapons on
it.  I think I'll retire early.  But 80...seriously, there's no room to
store ammo, much less capacitors big enough for them to be all energy
weapons.  Wait let me guess, you suck the energy from interstellar medium,
or use the abundance of gravity in space to charge it?

I said in this response that I do not need to poke the
monster, I need to make some nice space monster burgers and space monster
steaks and with the many weapons I have on my space craft (which could also
destroy some of the big two hundred and three hundred stud long capital
ships), accomplishing such a task would be very easy for my space craft.

Ree-hee-hee-heeallly?  Wow, you're the man.  Maybe we should all stop
building ships.

You also said that some of the guns are shot through the exhaust pipe and
the answer is that some of the guns are indeed shot through the exhaust pipe
and they are also shot through the front as well, at least on my wing
guns/auxillary engines and intergalactic ballistic missiles/auxillary
engines.

Your weapons must be extra specially shielded too to survive being shot out
an engine.  Hats off to you.

I only have a collection of about eight to ten thousand Lego
pieces so I can not build an acceptable capital class cruiser at this time,
Greg.

That's ok, looks like you're doing just fine with 80 weapons on a little
ship like that.

The question of my space craft encouraging violence, terrorism, and threats
is false because it is used to discourage such actions from occuring in the
patrolled region of space and when a space craft such as the Voyager enters
unknown or hostile space, are they invading that part of space or are they
exploring space?  The only way that my space craft could be considered an
invading space craft is that my space craft commits an unprovoked attack on
the native forces of that region of space.

Why not invade and explore at the same time?

-Tim (added loc.au back, cause they're loving this discussion)