 Space / 9286
Re: Ancient Art Of Technic Skeleton (Was Re: Building big)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:14:46 GMT

On 18/6/01 10:39 AM, "Paul Baulch" <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

2. Newer Technic sets seem to use more and more studless "liftarms" and less
brick-style Technic beams - for example, 8880 had dozens of 1x16s, but the
Silver Champion only contains 8. The SW Technic sets don't seem to contain
any. This is a real shame - technic beams longer than 1x8 are becoming more
and more difficult and expensive to obtain.

However, the big star-wars sets, the X-Wing and the Tie-Fighter come with an
incredibly nifty Technic block. The 4*4 Technic 'Square' is fantastic for
all sorts of designs, and makes for an awesome anchor to build the rest of
your model around, thanks to its incredible rigidity.

Later,
David Drew

P.S. You can't under-estimate rigidity. I drove about 700km yesterday in the
company's Falcon Ute. Getting back to the office, I jumped back into my BMW
sedan for the drive home. The most noticeable difference between the
handling of the two cars was the fantastic rigidity of the BMW compared to
the ute. No body flexure around corners.