 Space / 9272
Re: Building big
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 04:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
<snippity-snip-snip>

My collection is 'only' about 30k (
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=791) so I think that shows you dont
need 'tons' of parts to go big...

<snip>

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

ahhhh..just make it out of old fabuland and duplo bricks.

Actually, I agree with Tim.  Tim and I had a lot of fun helping Scott with
building his capital ship this past weekend.  Particularly while we watched
"Cooking with Jon" and his "how to make synthetic turkey stuffing" show
(inside joke).  :^D

As for the building technique, I have traditionally made the first brick
style because I was show plate deficient.  My point is this:  If you don't
have the plates to do the other suggestions, don't let it stop you.  If it
has to be blocky, then so be it.  At least you will have fun building it.
However, if you can go with a combination of plates and bricks, you can have
parts angling off in all directions, which looks so cool.  On Scott's ship I
had the escape pods angling off about 30 degrees from the ground, and this
technique actually opened up our options for what we could place on the body
of the ship.  So in the future I will start to moving in that direction now
that I can see the results when you have the right number of plates.  :^)
aahhhhh...if only you guys could have SEEN the mountain of elements to pick
from.  We were practically swimming in bricks and plates and other
specialized elements.

Tim, we have to get together and build again this summer if we can!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.