 Space / 7970
Re: The Ubiquitous Half Stud Width Offset (and how to use it)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:39:50 GMT

Great job Paul, a picture does say 1000 words.  I posted an article
about this process about 6 months ago (with the pictures).  IMHO this is
one of the most versatile uses possible for LEGO.  I first noticed this
use about 15 years ago when I saw a LEGO display building with a low
sloped black roof.  There were no low sloped peaks at that time, so the
LEGO builder put a row of the 1x2 black tiles (with central stud) on top
of the top lever of the sloped roof.  Above that there were 1x8 black
tiles put along the middle ridge.  This was their way of getting around
the problem of not having low sloped peaks in black.

Gary Istok

Paul Hartzog wrote:

The Ubiquitous Half Stud Width Offset (and how to use it)

A new article added to the Aesthetics section
of

Et in Arcadia Lego

@

http://63.230.24.25/lego