 Space / 7833
Re: Condor Dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:57:10 GMT

In lugnet.build, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.build, Joel Jacobsen writes:

snipped>

It was an intentional thing, yes. :) GI Joe was one of the two rivals to my
LEGO collection as a kid. :) I've made GI Joe vehicles before, but these
turned out the best of any I've done to date. I think I'll be making more of
this - I may even redo the Arctic one now that I have another of the special
angled plates that are need under these canpoies in black. I only had one
before and one in white..which is how the Arctic variant came to be. <G>

Joel J

Yea, and there is another cool thing about your GI Joe theme, you can take
the bad outta the Hasbro toys and make theme as they SHOULD be with your
LEGO.  One that I liked as a toy when I was a kid was that Joe HAVOC
battlefield transport.  I HATED that it had the driver exposed on top and
the gunners were shielded by a glass canopy!?  Now, with a little work those
kind of things would be easy fixes.  GREAT job on your stuff, I've been
browsing some more of your posted images since my last post, and you are
definitely on your way to Total Global Domination!!!!
Best
Aaron

True enough. Some of the Hasbro designs were a little... odd.

Thanks for the compliments. I don't know as I've set my sights on TGD, but
I've certainly been working towards securing my slice of the star system. :)

Joel J