 Space / 7214
Re: Check out my MOCs! :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 06:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, A. Mark Wilburn writes:
Wow, looks very swooshy. I really like how the shuttle docks to the rear,
and how it works well with the overall shape. And I really like how the rear
hatch of the shuttle opens up - does that work when it's attached as well?

Very nice galley, too, with the coffee maker & microwave.

Thanks - Paul

Thanks!  I appreciate the encouragement.  Yep, the doors to the shuttle open
correctly when it is attached.  I'll try to get some more pics up soon so I
can demonstrate it.

I thought the shape of the Space Jet was very graceful (Muffin Head would be
proud), starting with a nicely shaped nose (it's always difficult to built a
good aircraft nose out of LEGO. I like how you used a faceted cone to blend
the antenna into the triple wedge; I've tried using round cones but that
never looked right, going from totally smooth to faceted wedge. This blends
much better!). Speaking of the triple wedge, where did you get that white
4x6 front wedge? I've been looking for that piece for a while now (not the
new hollow version that came with Space Port) and have no idea what set(s)
it came with?
And the shuttle pod looked cool... but working hatch while attached? That's
just too cool.

Mark W.

Thanks!  Of course the hatch works when attached... How else will they get
the spamcake cargo aboard :-).  Anyway, that white front wedge came from an
old (and very cool) police helicopter set from around 1996.  I hated to
break it up, but I needed the piece.  I did put the regular round nose cone
on the plane.  It just didn't work.  The faceted one blended very well.  I
just wish they made a white whip antenna.

Chris <><