 Space / 5
4  |  6
Subject:
493 Instructions/Catalog Different?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:37:36 GMT

I was rebuilding a 493 Space Command Center I thought was in a collection I
bought when I noticed that the catalog picture (on LUGNET) and directions (on
Brickshelf) are slightly different.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0493/

The catalog picture uses a crater baseplate, whereas the instructions uses a
flat baseplate and has the builder create two craters out of grey slopes and
bricks.  The  building is also in a different position.  Strange.

My guesses:
- They took the catalog picture before finalizing the set
- They changed the set after they started producing it

Anyone have any info?  Anyone have an instruction booklet that matches the
catalog scan?