 Space / 41792
41791  |  41793
Subject:
BrickCon 2015 SHIP Roll Call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2015 07:28:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Wow, what a turnout of SHIPs at BrickCon 2015. I counted 28 SHIPs in the display this year, and of this set 17 of them were SHIPtember projects.

What is SHIPtember? I’m glad you asked. It’s a challenge to build a SHIP in one month. Specifically, starting and finishing in September. This is perfect timing for BrickCon, as it allows you the instant gratification of being able to show it off in the real world right away.

What is a SHIP? I’m glad you asked that too. It’s a space vehicle that is at least 100 studs in at least one dimension. SHIP = Seriously Huge Investment in Parts (and other interpretations of the acronym, but this is the most common).

What is the real world? Do you really need to ask? Well, since you did I’ll tell you. It’s where you can easily see Lego builds in three dimensions, walk around them for a better view, and maybe even get to handle them to see how they are put together.

Without further ado, here’s the BrickCon 2015 SHIP roll call (and no more of this starting each paragraph with “w”).

First, the SHIPtember builds:

Astral Voyager
by Chris Perron

FE Junterr