 Space / 41573
41572  |  41574
Subject:
A couple contests at BrickFest 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:16:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi All-

BrickFest is comming up amazingly soon March 27th through 29th in Portland, Oregon. And as the official Space Commander for the event, I’m calling for some last minute building!

We have two contests:

1. The Reaver Fly-In “Reaver out” your favorite Sci-Fi space ship from Star Trek to Battle Star Galactica. Reavers are a fictional group of humans in the television series Firefly and the movie Serenity who live on the fringes of civilized space and have become animalistic.

2. Other Life Forms - Build a ship, a moonbase, a vehicle or something else space related, but not for minifigures. I’m not looking for other minifig scale creatures such as Battle Droids or Martians here - I’m looking for something from the higher species. I’ll be bringing a Belville starfighter. I would like to see some Jack Stone and Technic Figure space guys, maybe some old 70’s maxifigure space guys, Fabuland... there are all sorts of offical Lego people types (and animal types) that should be making an appearence in our layout.

Of course we also have a contest for Best Moonbase and best Space Vehicle (land, space or otherwise).

So get building or modifying what you have for these contests! There will be a cool trophy prize for first place in each, and bragging rights (and maybe more) for 2nd and 3rd place. I’ll get a panel of completely neutral castle or pirate folks to do the judging.

-Matt :)