 Space / 40821
Re: Four New 6208 B-Wing Alternate Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 01:19:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ley Ward wrote:

   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jim DeVona wrote:

These are fun builds, Jim. I especially like the first one for its angles and the fourth one overall. The placement of the star wars shooters in the hull works well to avoid the “I stuck a gun on here” quality that they usually convey. A limited palette is indeed a good challenge and you met it well.

Thanks! You’re right, those guns can be kind of conspicuous. I tried to mount them like cannons are mounted on real fighters: internally, with only the end of the barrel, if anything, protruding from the body.

   Since these are space vehicles, they are absolutely welcome in .space. Feel free to post more of your work there; I look forward to seeing it.

Peace and palettes, Professor Whateverly

Thanks again. Here is yet another alternate model from the same set. An attack helicopter, the so-called “Pave Constant.” (So I’m also posting this in the military group... but there is Star Wars and space stuff in the photos and “storyline.” Oh well.)

So again, this chopper is part of a series of models made from a single Star Wars B-Wing. An impromptu hybrid of sets 7651 and 8270 as well as my favorite Blacktron minifig also make cameo appearances in the absolutely accurate photo reenactment of the helicopter’s construction.

Blacktron pal shows up just as the Empire is hassling the B-Wing boys about not
having a construction permit Maneuvering the cockpit module into position with the chicken-legged crane Lowering the rotor onto its mast Finishing up with the radome attachment Canopy does not interfere with rotor LDraw screenshot

MPD File (with comments)

Brickshelf Gallery (with assembly renactment)

Hope you like it! (And I hope that the Imperial goon is not dispatched too gratuitously - please let me know if so - but hey, we’re talking about a Blacktron dude here! He has fists of steel, and a correspondingly pragmatic perspective towards social confrontation.)

Be well,

Jim