 Space / 40658
Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:22:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:

Groundbreaking as usual Adrian. It seemed like no one at the fests took pics to do it justice.

You seem to incorporate a lot more shapely sculpture these days. How do you go about doing that? Do you use any CAD or the like? Or is it all felt out as you go?

Somewhere in between. I used Pro/Engineer (A 3D solid modeling CAD program) to create the general shape, and then created cross-sections at 20 stud intervals. I then used the cross sections as scale plans to shape the hull as I built it. I did not use a program to tell me where and how to create the shapes, this is all basically freehand.

When making spheres, I use the Bramsphere generator, but otherwise my sculptures are 100% freehand, usually with a scale picture or layout as a guide. As the airship is basically a big sculpture with an interior, it is no different.

Thanks for the compliments

Adrian