 Space / 39224
39223  |  39225
Subject:
SSCC Rainbow Corkscrew
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:51:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sometime last year, I was sharing a very nice chinese meal with a couple of fellow AFOLs (who shall remain nameless, but are both well known around here). There was some alcohol consumed, but that’s probably irrelevant. Sometime during the evening, the conversation turned to LEGO. Well it probably did many times actually. But this particular time, the idea was put forward of a new space (space!) faction.

Well most of you probably know, I don’t build space. But maybe because of the company, maybe because of the wine, I agreed to build something for this faction. So we had to come up with an idea. And as we were in a restaurant, and all fans of the Muppets, all we could come up with was the Swedish Space Chef Consortium.

Well we talked about it for a bit, and thought “what kind of ships would chefs build?”. And the answer was, of course, ships that look like kitchen implements. Mixers, rolling pins, various types of cutlery were all mentioned, as well as a “silver champignon”, and a couple of other food-related items. But I decided to do a corkscrew.

So I went home and did it. One of my co-conspirators kindly supplied a rock-raiders drill piece, which I felt would be vital, and I didn’t own, but I supplied the rest. And it was with glea that I showed off the resulting MOC to the others.

But when I asked “where are yours???”, all they could do was mumble excuses like “I don’t have enough parts” or “I’m working on some other super fantasmagorical space thingy”, so I said I’d hold off posting pics for a while. But a year or so later, it appears the SSCC is indeed a consortium of 1.

And here it is.