 Space / 39061
Re: Hanging asteroids (was: Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 23:48:24 GMT

(snip stuff about hanging devices)

I'll need to talk with Dan about the feasibility of using these things for
hanging.  Personally, I am a bit wary for the reasons Phil mentioned, but also
the cost involved in man hours and money.  Dan and I have a bunch of transclear
bricks - so I feel a little better about doing that (altho we haven't ruled out
hanging stuff)

The black backdrop would be really nice for pictures.

I'm glad you agree.  I brought a length of black fabric last year, but didn't
get to use it -- used the blue in the Castle Room, though.  Broadcloth is, I
discovered, translucent -- good for sky, not good for space; probably why TV SF
shows use velvet -- the black plastic sheeting used as table skirts would work
better.

Oddly enough, Dan and I have had this idea for a while now - that is, using the
black plastic skirting for a starscape background.  It will definately be on the
asteroid layout and maybe other places as well.  Hopefully it will give a more
spacey feel to the rooms.

Also, the BrickFest team is aware of the tape problems from last year and is
working on a solution.

-Lenny