 Space / 38941
Re: 3 mostly new MOC Galleries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:52:23 GMT

On 6/10/05, Leonard Hoffman <lahoffma@mailer.fsu.edu> wrote:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Angus MacLane wrote:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=132120 Bots and Mecha>¬
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=132118 Space>¬
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=132121 and Others>¬

Wow, very nice stuff here.

It is hard to comment on everything at once, so I'll just narrow it down to
the bots.  I am sure others will cover the other creations :)

Brownstone, Crunkbot, RedRonin and Robocat are all brilliant.  Very nice
joint tech throughout, creative parts usage, and they are just simply fun!
want a robocat to call my own, but alas, I do not have the parts.

I strongly encourage you to enter them in the
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=38889 Second Annual Tim and Kevin's Bot
Contest>

`~Kevoh

I agree with everything Kevoh said.

-Lenny

I love the use of the sectant peices on the robocat - I am sure there
are very few who would have thought of that. Crunkbot looks like a
bouncer or heavy for a robot club. The Crimson Finch is spectactular -
an M-tron themed bot. For some reason kojonz reminded me of the HEV in
Halflife - although the scale is different, I think the occupant looks
like a minifig Freeman. The Omnidroid has a certain omenous threat
about it - reminds me of something out of The War Of The Worlds (the
ones with cages on their backs).
For those who didn't see the space stuff, take a look at the joust -
thats an interesting bot he is mounted on too - reminds me of Panzer
Dragoon.
I think what is most impressive is the detail and greebling Angus has
acheived at the scale he is working in.
What do you reckon chewy would play though? Bangin hardcore or heavy
metal? Or possibly a heavy version of calypso (if you could imagine
such a thing!).

Good stuff Angus.

Orion
--