 Space / 38567
Re: Childhood Dreams Come True...Classic Space Homeworld Mod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   I’m sure most of you swooshed your ships all over the house, and imagined them dodging through space, adventures aplenty. Well now, they really can have those adventures.

Consider this a very small teaser of things to come.

After having seen some of your screenshots, I went out and bought Homeworld (yes, for like $3 plus S&H from an Amazon merchant). The Lego stuff is pretty cool, and I’ll probably try that out when you are done... but I bought the game just because of the screenshots. I’ve obviously been way out of the loop with video games for many years.

My brothers and I were given a couple of the Terran Trade Authority books when I was like 10, and I spent many, many hours poring over the pictures. Playing, or even watching, Homeworld is basically seeing those books coming alive. I’ve only played the game for a couple of hours... and half of the time I just spend marveling at the beauty of it all. The expense was well worth it for inspiration, even if I don’t do any of those actual ships.

Doing Lego ships for this is a very cool project. I hope you designed the textures to work well with the team colorizing. And I’m curious to see what you do about the mother ship.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com