 Space / 37602
37601  |  37603
Subject:
Meet the Briclopeans (and their DuoDrive 2004)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:53:25 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Briclopeans are a race of block-headed, one-eyed humanoids. Their planet is very short on resources, so they can only afford to put two wheels on their cars. This transport is fairly typical of their cross-country taxis, used for crossing the vast deserts between settlements. With the wonky balance inherent in a two-wheeled vehicle, the wheels need to be huge in order to handle the rough terrain.

I entered this in the Space Wheels Contest a couple of weeks ago, but I don’t think I ever posted it here.

Yes, I know it’s rather bland. And no, I don’t expect this to win anything- but I really wanted to participate. I like to try unusual approaches, and everyone was already doing the the one-wheeled thing. Besides, I went there years ago and wanted to try something else.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com