 Space / 36540
Re: Welcome to the monastery my children.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:21:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Greetings all,

I give you the monastery, the latest MOC from the Galactic Inquisition. This was inspired by the awesome floating idlands in the castle room at this year’s brickfest. I decided that I needed to build one, and then thought I needed more Inquisition, and generally space stuff, so it became a base built into an asteroid.

The monastery is a place for peaceful contemplation of the universe’s mysteries. Alternatively, that awesome bell tower (thanks for the bell tower idea to Keith Goldman) is actually a powerfull sensor array. The monks have several terminals for data tracking at their disposal. There are bunks for five, and a single bathroom. Unlike you other sin-filled, bidet using, frenchies, there’s toilet paper in the bathroom. Other features include two star-fighters... for shooting down rouge asteroids, and a spacious landing bay. There is also a coupling for docking with the standard 8 stud diameter Inquisition hatches, it can dock with the SoM, though I didn’t take any pics of this.

Pics with Commentary Brickshelf

All I can say is WOW. This is one very interesting base. The size alone is increadible, not to mention all the cool details like the landing bay and bell tower (Keith does have a few good ideas left I see!). Very cool and can’t wait for the next moc.