 Space / 34612
34611  |  34613
Subject:
Resurfacing, civilian MOC entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:21:02 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi, folks,

Long time, no see. I’ve been lurking here for years. Fatherhood and work keep me busy. All the great MOCs have been inspiring.

Mark Sandlin’s Civilian MOC Contest finally drew me out. Here’s my entry -- the Sunfish land-speeder, or hover-car, whatever you want to call it.

If you want to imagine the Sunfish as part of the Star Wars universe, you are welcome to do so. I always thought that it was a little silly that Luke and Obi-Wan had a noisy jet engine directly behind their heads. That, and the desire to de-SPUD some of my kid’s Bionicle parts, inspired this MOC.

I’ve had the Sunfish built since early 2002, but no one outside of our home has seen it until I put up the pictures on Brickshelf, about a week ago. I think that means that it qualifies as a new model, per the GA’s requirements?

If anyone wants to email me, please note that, even after you edit out Lugnet’s spam trap, the word “spam” will still exist in my VALID email address. Thanks!

Cheers, John Ladasky