 Space / 34456
Re: EBKD Akayev
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:40:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   The Akayev is a Zhukov Class Assault Shuttle. It has less weapons than the Zhukov, but a greater sensor range and anti-detection system.

Akayev

I did this because I told Janey I would make a micro-scale spaceship for her BrickFest Microscale layout. It is done at the scale where a fig is approximately a 1x1 round. I fixed some of the design problems of the Zhukov, so the Akayev prolly looks better. and No, i’m not gonna redesign the Zhukov. I like it as it is, thankyouverymuch. Over-all this was a really fun experience, and I don’t think it will be my last effort. However, I think one of the keys (at least for myself) is doing a small version of something i’ve already made - whereas if I did a microscale freeform it prolly wouldn’t turn out as well. In the future you may expect microversions of some of my other ships.

-Lenny-Bo-Benny

Wow! Excellent, how can I complain? You are a man of your word and that is an impressive Micro-scaled ship to boot! Nicely done Lenny, great details. I will earmark a space of the “space” landscape for that ship, and any others you are motivated to build from now until then. (Nudge, nudge!)

If anyone else has any Micro Mocs that they are planning to bring to BrickFest please let me know. I’m very excited to see what everyone is working on.

Janey “Red Brick” Micro Moc Off