 Space / 33308
Re: What's the best way to find out.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:19:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott DeWolf wrote:
...what I've got.

Here's the deal.  a co-worker asked me if I'd like to have his old LEGOs.  He
didn't know what he had, if he had the minifigs, or the instructions.

I said "Yes", thinking that if the stash sucked I'd just hand it over to the
boys.

I have minifigs and instructions and parts for

Blacktron Renegade, and Alienator + 3 minifigs (and what looks like parts to
build two Battrax's)
Blacktron II  Super Nova II, Tri-Wheel Tyrax, Allied Avenger, Spectral
Starguider, and Aerial Intruder.

It also has Camoflagued Hideout and 6386  Police Command Base repleate with
instructions and minifigs (and in the case of 6386, the motor cycles -- woohoo)

It also appears there is at least one Space Police II ship and 1 or 2 classic
space sets.  But, no instructions.

Any way to find out what I have based on parts?  In the case of the Classic
space question, i have 3 CS minifigs, 1 REd, 1 Blue, and 1 White.

This may not be the easiest method but I always loved looking through the old
catalogs on brickshelf. Usually with the parts I had in front of me I could
figure which sets they came from just by studying the pictures and guessing
about the date of purchase for the parts I had.  Like, for example, you would
get a set or two for christmas and the next year one for your birthday so you
only have to look in a two or three year spread of sets depending what was on
the shelf of Lionel Kiddie City in any given year.

Hope that was  helpful.

Pat Bunn