 Space / 32721
Re: pre-CS question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:52:07 GMT

   I don’t think that PCS fits in with the classic space theme all that well in terms of construction, though the colors make sense.

Sorry tony, but I’ve got to disagree with you here. The key, however, is that PCS is as much representative of NASA design as CS proper. That is the design challenge of PCS - to combine two very dissimiliar design styles and unify them. I think, for the most part, Chris has succeeded - at least in early PCS designs (like the HOPLAB - later designs are merely following the establish style of PCS).

Having said that, I see the CS/PCS/NASA lines as being more epochs than moments. Designs like this fit into a later NASA period (and if we enjoy a bit of futuristic fantasy) which segways into PCS. designs that take Chris’s PCS forms and segways them more closely into CS would be fun. But I would call it latter PCS, rather than creat a new name for it.

   The PCS theme works so well because of a strong and well-themed design sense and currently-popular construction techniques along with a catchy name. It could have been anything, but Chris called it that and he’s a darn good builder.

Indeed.

   Whether it fits into Lego history in a logical place is irrelevant.So build whatever you want and put it in wherever and whenever you want and it will be successful if you like it. It will be popular if other people like it.

I’d say LEGO history is generally illogical - but then again, I’m not sure if it was meant to be a history at all.

And yeah - build what you like to do and have fun. Always a good rule to live by. :o)

-Lenny