 Space / 31425
Re: Mirage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:27:14 GMT

   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

   Nice interior!! Is that an ejection seat? I’ve been trying to work on these sorts of things more lately, and have been looking closer at seating and control details.

Yes, that’s an ejection seat. In space it is useless. But if the craft has an emergency in atmosphere the pilot can eject and parachute to safety.

   What is inside the big engine in the back? I can’t quite tell what’s going on in there, though it is obviously trans antifreeze..

Those are stacked 1 x 2 plates in trans neon green. Behind them, inside the engine block, are white bricks so that the trans stuff looks brighter. The engine itself is a combo-- a central ion propulsion engine with hyperdrive and then 2 scramjet engines on either sides for atmospheric flight (see the intakes at the front of the engine section?).

--Dan