 Space / 30451
30450  |  30452
Subject:
Proposed standard for Mini/Micro Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:00:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here’s a standard I came up with for a 16x16 module size. This allows quite a bit more detail than the 8x8 standard, yet it’s still small enough to allow many modules with limited pieces.

The corridor is a 2x2 round brick and plate, centered on the 16 studs with a 2 stud offset. Remember than 5 plates = 2 studs!

Here are half a dozen ways to create the corridor attachment SNOT. Each connection places the corridor in the exact same spot:

Here’s a sample module using the standard. Note that the three brick height allows plenty of room for moonscaping, expecially for those people without gray baseplates...cover ‘em up with bricks and plates!

The modules easily attach using a 3 stud long Technic axle:

Please LMKWYT!
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org