 Space / 30019
Re: Happy New Year 2004 - Space Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   Hi Everyone,

The Monthly computer has been updated. Thanks to David “Fuzzy” Gregory for his review.

http://www.lugnet.com/space/comp

I enjoyed reading the Monthly Computer reviews, and how each reviewer gives character to the part of choice. Particularly nice is how printed control panels from different themes are brought and fused into the theme of space, though of course the proof of this is seeing a well-done MOC.

   The Seed Part was updated last week for January.

http://www.lugnet.com/space/seed

Jan ‘04’s part is obviously a truly great part due to its versatility. It works across all themes and makes for excellent MOC seed. I’ve often wanted Lego to make a 5-socketed 1x1 too, and even a completely socketed 6.

Just so it’s said, sometimes I think picking an obviously-space-themed part is in order too, maybe once or twice a year.

   I am also proud to announce the creation of a new section for Space: the Design Commentaries. Each month (or perhaps bimonthly) I would like to choose a different facet of space building for commentary.

http://www.lugnet.com/space/design

Check it out and let me know what you think!

I think it’s a good addition to the forum. Given time, it has potential to become a Space Builder’s Idea Section.

Choosing greeblies for a subject was a good idea.

-Tom McD.