 Space / 28948
Re: 48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:14:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jon Palmer wrote:
I just bought 2 cheap copies of 4588 Off Road Race Track
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4588

On a 48 x 48 baseplate 3 race track curves former a quarter circle that has
ends 12 studs from the corners.
I don't have any train track with me but I know 4 curve lengths form a
quarter circle on a 48 x 48 baseplate at 4 studs from the edge.  Both track
types are 8 studs wide.

My question is can these 2 tracks be placed directly next to each other,
with the race track directly on the inside of the train track?  It seems to
good to be true.  There must be some geometry I'm missing.

No, I think it IS true. Try putting the race track on the outside of 2 32 stud
baseplate road curves...

Anyone help me out?

Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed the thread.

I think it was but I can't find it. Someone did this track, train track, mono
track all alongside each other to see how it lined up.

I think the new set with the capacitator powered cars has a lot of peoplemover
potential... and if yo ucan get enough of the set you mentioned for cheap you'll
have lots of track to make into more complex layouts.

That someone was Kevin Loch and other participants at a meeting of the WamaLTC
earlier this year. Abe Friedman's photograph of the result: