 Space / 28417
Re: The Yamato
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:20:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

Yeah I just got done reading some stuff from a web search, thanks for the
link though. It actually is the Yamato from WWII repaired and upgraded as a
space ship. Interesting. Also the model that started this thread would be
about mini-fig scale. Also very interesting.

-Mike Petrucelli

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordinsanity/General-Insanity/sigfig.gif>>

At the peril of being seen as argumentative,
that is not correct.

Well, maybe some people will get all argumentative over it, but I welcome
corrections when people have more info than I do.

In order to be minifig-
scale, it would have to be between 27 and 30
*feet* in length, perhaps a touch longer.
_Takao_ was 13'0" in length, and was still
"compressed" by about 35% from MF scale.  A
minifig, in height, is roughly 1/35 (more in
width), thus the ~950' Yamato would need to be
about 30' in length, all else being equal.
It looks to be, at most, about 1/3 that.

I guess it looked bigger than that to me at first.

So
it's not quite that big, but good LORD is it
ever *beautiful*.  I'm especially impressed
with the superstructure and turret details.
The red full-hull is also really well done.

Not that a minifig-scale Yamato wouldn't be
a great rainy-day project, though...*whistling
innocently*

LOL.

best

LFB