 Space / 26956
Re: New web site release: Space Bricksploration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Announcing...

Space Bricksploration!
http://www.bricksploration.com

I've seen surprisingly little about the new Discovery space series just
released, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to put together a web site with
pictures, reviews, and some images that might interest space buffs. It focuses
on the five Discovery sets: Mission to Mars, Moon Mission (Apollo), Mars
Exploration Rover, International Space Station, and the Space Shuttle.

The site is mostly complete, except for the Space Exploration and Resources
sections. They'll be fairly extensive, but I wanted to get the LEGO portion of
the site done before BrickFest, which I'm flying out for on Thursday. I have a
ton of info and links for space research (kids and adults), and I'd like to
include some stuff from LEGO, which is doing a fair bit to push interest in
space exploration with things like the Astrobots, Name the Rover contest, etc. I
hope to have those sections done in the next couple of weeks, after I recover
from BrickFest.

Constructive comments welcome, of course. If you find any factual errors please
let me know.

Regards, and see you at BrickFest!

- Kelly, aka Binkmeister
http://www.bricksploration.com
http://www.bzpower.com (administrator/news editor/alpha geek)

In a word...AWESOME.  What an incredible idea and put together in a gorgeous
site.  The gallery shots are wonderful...the Photoshop work is simply superb.  I
so look forward to seeing this site grow with contributions and connections to
our collective corner of space and the Real Thing.

Bravo.

Cheers,
-Gil