 Space / 17561
Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:47:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
I mean, yes, LEGO does indeed care more about cheap marketing ploys now than
actually being concerned about fun back,

I think Lego is just as interested in fun (and quality) as before. I think
they are trying a few different things in a struggle to survive in a
changing world.

say like about three or four years
earlier, but we could always buy stock in LEGO.  When a person owns stock in
a company, we become a piece of the machinery of that company.  When enough
like minded people or a single person gets enough stock of the company, then
we basically own the company.

Unfortunately we can't buy stock in Lego. Its what's known as a "Private"
company, whose stock is not publicly traded - its basically owned by the
family of the guy who founded it, and no sign of them selling soon.

A really brilliant person could then cause a
boycott and hurt the business of LEGO while at the same time own a lot of
stock in LEGO.  Of course, we could simply ask LEGO to be nice and allow the
classic themes to return but in the end, our voice counts.

I miss the "classic" stuff too. But, if you like the classics, hunt around
at garage sales, thrift stores, eBay and so on. Lego's stuff is all but
indestructible - so there is all the classic Lego out there that you need.
Plus, there are the re-releases, Star Wars and Lego Direct Trains which in
my opinion are as good as anything from the 80s or early 90s.

Mark