 Space / 15041
15040  |  15042
Subject:
IP2002 contest entry C-52 Snowstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:31:34 GMT

Boy, I hope this makes the deadline!

Although I built this MOC IRL, I don't have a digital camera; it's a CAD
entry, so I'm trying to jump through all the CAD hoops correctly.

All files (including thumbnail, images, dat's, and mpd's) can be found at:

This entry is for category X

It's piece count is 879 (without minifigs; I've never figured out the system
for counting those).

There were numerous unofficial elements used. most are posted on LUGNET or
ldraw.org, but there are three I had to pattern myself, and two I found on
T. Burger's website.  They are posted at the brickshelf link also.

The C-52 Snowstorm provides orbital and atmospheric protection for Ice
Planet Expeditions.  Although armed with two IP Mk.II missiles, the
Snowstorm's primary mission is to watch for storms, and any other dangers in
or out of the atmosphere.  Raiders are not as common a danger as natural
phenomenon, but the missiles are there to dissuade any would-be interlopers.

There is a massive array of sensors and detectors located all over the ship.

There are three crew members:  the pilot (and flight commander), sitting in
the rear seat;  the engineer, sitting in the middle seat;  and the
sensor/weapons operator, sitting in the cramped front seat.  Although most
ships this size do not require a dedicated engineer on board, the C-52
Snowstorm has two banks of triple reactors, and oversized dual thrusters for
astounding acceleration.  This relatively volatile arrangement requires
constant supervision.

There is a storage locker ahead of the sensor/weapons operator's panel, for
storing any cold weather gear (skis, parkas,etc.) the crew may need in case
of a forced landing.

Even if this doesn't make the deadline, I hope to hear from some of you
about it.

LMKWYT,

Tim Romine
AFOL for life