 Space / 14209
Re: A bad taste picture (Re: Space Rocks!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 16:29:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.space, Damien Guichard writes:

Castle fans deserve more respect.
What's the need to crash one favorite castle set?

You start the wrong way.
Lego hobby is constructive, not destructive.
So your attitude is not what I expect from a lego user community.
Please remove that and restart your site on a more contructive basis.

I think there's a definite difference between lighthearted rivalry (which
exists online between Castle fans and Space fans) and showing sincere
disrespect.

And I think that line has been crossed.  It is not just this picture, though.
There are certain people who can't even let a person speak about castle without
bringing up space in a way to put castle down.  It is uncalled for and abusive.
I'll be the first to admit that there are castle fans who do the same, and I
don't like that either.  However, the majority of this "rivalry" comes from
space fans.  Not all of them, mind you, but more than just a few.

As a person who leans towards Space but can appreciate well-built  castles,
I found the picture very humorous.

As a castle fan who ranks some very well made space models among his favorites,
I found it distasteful and mildly offensive.

I think you should lighten up, but do as you wish, that's just my opinion.
I find it rather silly that you pulled the spirit-of-the-community card here
to add leverage to your capmaign against someone else's joke.

Just because it is a joke doesn't mean it can't offend, annoy, or piss people
off.

The whole Castle vs. Space thing is a dead horse.  Let's leave it be and get on
with building.

Jeff