 Space / 14
13  |  15
Subject:
Insectoids - better than I thought, Rock Raiders - disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.underground
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:37:04 GMT

I had only bought the 6909-Sonic Stinger but just picked up the 6919-Planetary
Prowler (at a discount price) and I find myself liking the Insectoids sub-theme
more than I thought I would.
I'm seriously looking at picking up more of the sets on discount as I find
them.  They use a nice amount of parts and make models that fit in great with
the look and feel of the theme.

Rock raiders, on the other hand, are quite a disappointment.  I just picked
up the 4980-Tunnel Transport.  Even with the $8.00 off coupon I got in a Mania
magazine this one just isn't worth the money (though I might pay $25-30 for
the set on discount).  The model itself isn't a bad design but its mainly made
out of big (town jr.) pieces.  Other gripes include too many colors: grey, dark
grey, yellow, teal, brown and black (c'mon, TLG, pick a color!) and pre-printed
pieces.
I feel quite bad because I really wanted to like this sub-theme.  As it is,
I'll probably just pick up the 4950-Loader Dozer (for a wrench and a creature)
and be done with it.

..joseph g